Hubby and I were talking about dental work the other day, and I pointed out how odd it is that modern science has come up with all kinds of cool things, but no one has invented a pill that would kill the bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease. You’d think that would be at the top of people’s lists. But apparently not.
Here are some other things we’d like to see invented:
- Grass that only grows to a certain height, so you don’t have to mow. Ever!
- Gasless nuts, beans, and produce
- Battery-heated shoes–I’m tired of my feet being cold!
- A cream that would kill hair permanently at the root … or stimulate its growth. I know, there’s laser treatment for the former (expensive and not comprehensive) and minoxidil for the latter (messy and only works to a certain extent), but I want something more instant and reliable.
- Time-travel (okay, so there’s a bit of the sf/f lover in me, but hey, why not?)
- Electric blankets that truly combine with your body temp to keep a steady temperature–heating up the parts that are cold, cooling the parts that are hot. I’ve seen ads for blankets that supposedly do this, but haven’t found one that works. (Can you tell I’m a bit obsessed with keeping my temperature steady these days?)
- A home machine that will “measure” any food you put in it and tell you its nutritional content.
I know, I know, I don’t ask for much, do I? But hey, I never asked anyone to invent the apple corer (I don’t eat apples), and they did it anyway. So I really wish someone would invent the things I want.
What would you like to see invented? What’s your most favorite recent invention?