I’m still basking in the glow of the awesomeness that is The Avengers, so what else would I want to talk about but more movies? I love the summer movie season – the sitting in lines on beach towels and playing UNO to pass the time, the packed theaters, the smell of popcorn and Skittles.
Generally the season begins on Memorial Day weekend, but we’ve got an early start this year. This is a good thing as far as I’m concerned. And these are some of the movies I will be seeing in the next couple of weeks.
1) The Avengers – yes, I’ve seen it already, but I’m going again. I swear by Thor’s hammer I will throw a fit if they don’t make a sequel.
2) Dark Shadows – Johnny Depp’s hair looks goofy, but I’m powerless to resist.
4) Battleship – the big, loud, dumb movie of the summer, I’m sure. I have to go see at least one of those.
5) Men in Black IIIIII – whichever number it is.
6) Snow White and the Huntsman – now that Chris Hemsworth has The Avengers under his belt, well, he could star with a broom and I’d go see this movie.
7) Prometheus – Alien terrified me, and it’s been about 33 years (holy cow!!) since then. I’m ready. (But I’m bringing my blankie, just in case.)
Movies I will NOT be seeing this summer.
1) The Dictator – Pfffth.
2) That’s My Boy – Adam Sandler. If the best bits are in the trailer, then this could be the stupidest movie ever made. Double pfffth.
3) Take This Waltz – Seth Rogen’s laugh makes my skin crawl.
Anyway, there are more movies for both lists, but I want to hear what you’re going to see, what you’ll avoid, and whether you’ve seen The Avengers. And did you stay all the way through the end credits? Do you love summer movies, or the more cerebral movies of the Fall?