NOTE: WOOHOO, this is our anniversary week and EVERY COMMENT MADE TODAY will be entered to win the daily prize! In addition, at the end of the week, EVERY COMMENT MADE THROUGHOUT THAT TIME will be entered for our GRAND PRIZES – a $200 bookstore gift card, and two $100 bookstore gift cards!!! SO COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!
I was due to be born on Valentine’s Day. I’m a little bitter that I came into the world early and missed sharing the day with Cupid. But I still had Valentine’s Day-themed birthday parties (except for the year my mom had a “Presidents” theme…really, Mom?! Lincoln pennies made with brown construction paper. Heads of George Washington threaded on string and hung like banners around the house.). On the 14th, I loved giving those little Valentines to my classmates. Of course we had to give to everyone in the class, but I’d pick the best of the Minnie Mouse or Barbie cards for that special boy(s) I had my eye on.
As I live in a household of males, most of the mushy stuff falls to me. We don’t do a big deal for the day, but everybody gets a card and some sort of small gift. Last year I finally told Surfer Guy (my dh) about how I really just wanted chocolates in a heart-shaped box and that’s what he gave me! It’s See’s Candies all the way here in California and he also included a bag of my favorite chocolates of all, Scotchmallows.
1) Six pack of a favorite hand-crafted beer. Because beer is well…beer.
2. Nice pair of sunglasses. Because spring and sun is on it’s way!
3. Board games. I bought a handful for the family this Christmas and everybody loves Smart Ass. Then there’s Cards Against Humanity. Oh, my. I never laughed so hard, but you have to be really careful who you play with because it’s un-PC and raunchy (raunchy enough that someone had to explain some of the terms to me!).
4. Gift card. I know, I know, seems unimaginative. But then I think of how much I enjoy them. The receiver gets to do some guilt-free shopping at their fave coffee or juice place or their fave restaurant.
5. Workout clothes. Most guys have a jock-y side and most guys let their gym clothes get very ragged (I go to the gym a lot, so this I know). Moisture-wicking short and shirts would be much appreciated, I bet!